Friday, March 26, 2010

Good Morning Miss Jones!


Tonight, I went and saw the movie, "Good Morning Miss Dove" played at the library. It is an old film made around 1945. I was extremely inspired by the teacher Miss Dove who was played by the famous actress Jennifer Jones. At the beginning, I was shocked with how Miss Dove treated her students. She was so strict and had punishments for everything. Yet through all of this, her students respected her and treated her with such high regard. It starts with her teaching in a small town called Liberty Hill. When her father dies with a large debt to pay, his daughter, Miss Dove begins teaching. She has had no experience but is hired right away. Over time, she becomes the most favored teacher. Miss Dove has taught for so many years that by the end of the movie, she is teaching the next generation-children of her past students. She has watched her previous students grow and overcome all odds. When she becomes sick, the whole town is worried. Those that have only lived in Liberty Hill for two years don't understand what's so great about Miss Dove. She's not married and she has no kids. One of her past students corrects them and says that she has thousands of kids who love her.
I hope to be this kind of teacher. I want to inspire my students to do something better with their lives and to have faith in themselves. They can do anything they put their minds to! She taught them to be proper human beings. I hope I can do all of this and more. Miss Dove has set the bar but I hope to pass it....or at least come close. Even if I don't get married or have kids, I'll have thousands of them! It was a perfect ending to the worst week. I've been so stressed with lesson plans and projects but I realized that my teacher's now are just preparing me to be the best teacher that I can be. I have a huge duty to fulfill. Children are counting on me to teach them everything they'll need to know to succeed in life. No pressure or anything. haha. I have to be like the little toy engine: I think I can....I think I can..... I know I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment