Friday, April 9, 2010

Public Display of Affection

Not going to lie but it's pretty annoying yet entertaining watching new couples come into the library all lovey dovey kissy face. They walk in, strutting their stuff as if saying: ya that's right! We're together. We're so lucky to have found one another and would love to rub it in your face and show you how happy we are. Then they lift their hands over the 3M machines because heaven forbid we let go of each other's sweaty hands for more 2 seconds. I don't think some couples could ever live without each other. How do some go to the bathroom without holding the other's hand. It must be such an inside struggle figuring out which is more important. Maybe there are some that actually do have to hold the other person's hand. hmmm....I guess we'll never know.
My favorite is after they've entered into the Library atrium, they love to stand right by the stairs blocking the entrance for everyone else. It's like they're thinking: let's stand perfectly in the middle so the sun can shine down on our love and let it radiate to everyone else so they can see what they don't have. And if that's not enough, let's hold on to each other's backpacks never wanting to let go afraid that once broken there's no way of reaching each other again. Like the library breaks in half and there's a huge gap. ugh gag me!
They hold each other terrified to let go but finally, they see that no one is around nor cares about their affection so they lose the interest in dragging out the good-bye. If no one is going to watch the show, then why perform? So they say their good-byes and slobber all over each other. I've seen more tongue in the library than at a restaurant. The boy goes downstairs and the girl goes to the fifth floor. She calls out-"do you have your cell phone." the boy responds, "yes but I don't get service!" The girl: "oh no! what are we going to do?" Boy: "We can't study together because I'll stare at you the whole time complimenting your perfection." Girl: "But we can't study apart where I can't reach you by text message every 5 seconds." Here is their dilemma. What to do.... they finally decide that things will be ok while they're apart because they've got facebook messaging. thank heavens for technology!

6 comments:

  1. and facebook saves the day... yet again... :D this is funny. esp after the events of tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! Jenn, I've heard WAY too many conversations like that! Oh HBLL lovebirds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Jen, you have made my day. oh wow!. sorry if I'm ever like this but hey I can't help it. And it's not that I need the world to know, I just don't care if they do. love is a weird thing, but it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you update your blog one time?! Thanks. :) I would appreciate being able to stalk you...despite the fact that we are together all the time and have homework to do 24/7. It is a good filler when you don't want to do homework.

    ReplyDelete